Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

Cameron's 6.2 million boost from city fatcats.

papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12657
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Cameron's 6.2 million boost from city fatcats.

Post by papa_umau on Sat 01 Oct 2011, 12:28 pm

It is not surprising that many of us feel that we just cannot trust Cameron's people to look after all of our interests when we see such things happening:

From the online news-service:

David Cameron accepted 6.2 million from bankers and city fat-cats in his first year in power, it was revealed today.

This staggering sum made up more than half of all donations to the Tory machine since the election.

Cameron has in return served up huge tax cuts for corporations while consistently hammering the poor since he went into 10 Downing Street. He is also - at the moment - fighting a Europe-wide levy on banking transactions.

Labour MP Lisa Nandy said: "They are too busy helping their banker mates to do anything for families and small businesses!"

The financial sector accounted for 51.4% of 12,182,558 given to the Tories in the year to June. The figures for the Bureau of Investigative Journalism were revealed on the Eve of the Tories' annual conference in Manchester.

With this information to mind how can we expect Cameron and his cronies to play fair with the bottom end of society when they spend so much time and effort trying to assist their great friends at the top end and in the city ?

Papa......

Angie baby
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2573
    Registration date : 2008-08-30

Re: Cameron's 6.2 million boost from city fatcats.

Post by Angie baby on Sat 01 Oct 2011, 1:03 pm

Ha ha Papa.... Twisted Evil I always thought this but it is nice to see it down in black and white.

Any fool that comes from an ordinary walk of life that votes Tory after that bit of information must either be off their rocker or simply stupid.

Voting for the Tories used to be a snobbish thing for working people to do and I know this because my dad used to vote this way for exactly this reason. Now that I will vote for the party that I think is going to be the fairest I can only see one possibility left for sentient people to use. Yes, the Labour party with Miliband at the helm woulk be my choice as the other two left of The Tories and the Liberal Democrats means that we are only left with Hobson's choice. Or no choice at all.

Sorry, there is one other choice: not voting at all, but that would mean if you did that that afterwards the person who did it would have no right to criticise whoever gets in. That would not suite me at all as I love to criticise the government when they get it wrong, as they often do.

Parliament....
    General
    General

Number of posts : 1623
    Registration date : 2009-09-29

Post by Parliament.... on Sat 01 Oct 2011, 11:41 pm

papa_umau wrote:It is not surprising that many of us feel that we just cannot trust Cameron's people to look after all of our interests when we see such things happening:

From the online news-service:

David Cameron accepted 6.2 million from bankers and city fat-cats in his first year in power, it was revealed today.

This staggering sum made up more than half of all donations to the Tory machine since the election.

Cameron has in return served up huge tax cuts for corporations while consistently hammering the poor since he went into 10 Downing Street. He is also - at the moment - fighting a Europe-wide levy on banking transactions.

Labour MP Lisa Nandy said: "They are too busy helping their banker mates to do anything for families and small businesses!"

The financial sector accounted for 51.4% of 12,182,558 given to the Tories in the year to June. The figures for the Bureau of Investigative Journalism were revealed on the Eve of the Tories' annual conference in Manchester.

With this information to mind how can we expect Cameron and his cronies to play fair with the bottom end of society when they spend so much time and effort trying to assist their great friends at the top end and in the city ?

Pap, The Tories pertain to greed and self interest, and nobody does nothing for nothing in their free market capitalist world.

Homeownership is a typical example, where the poor have been priced out of the housing market which has been driven by greed and self interest since Thatcher's "right to buy" council housing in the 80's.

Parliament....
    General
    General

Number of posts : 1623
    Registration date : 2009-09-29

Post by Parliament.... on Sat 01 Oct 2011, 11:42 pm

Angie baby wrote:Ha ha Papa.... Twisted Evil I always thought this but it is nice to see it down in black and white.

Any fool that comes from an ordinary walk of life that votes Tory after that bit of information must either be off their rocker or simply stupid.

Voting for the Tories used to be a snobbish thing for working people to do and I know this because my dad used to vote this way for exactly this reason. Now that I will vote for the party that I think is going to be the fairest I can only see one possibility left for sentient people to use. Yes, the Labour party with Miliband at the helm as the only other two left of The Tories and the Liberal Democrats means that we are only left with Hobson's choice. Or no choice at all.

Sorry, there is one other choice: not voting at all, but that would mean if you did that that afterwards the person who did it would have no right to criticise whoever gets in. That would not suite me at all as I love to criticise the government when they get it wrong, as they often do.

Nicely observed and put, Angie baby.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 17 Dec 2017, 7:26 pm