Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

The Liberal Democrat conference.....

papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12447
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

The Liberal Democrat conference.....

Post by papa_umau on Tue 20 Sep 2011, 11:57 am

I have been watching closely what has been going on in the Liberal Democrat conference and while they are not-surprisingly trying to be bullish and up-tempo in their speeches, I think that what actually comes across is that they are in fact very demoralised by the way that the Lib-dem fortunes have been shaping up of late.

They MUST be terribly disappointed by the way that they failed to catch the imagination of the people in the Scottish elections and how they lost so many important seats up here, and they must also be terribly disappointed at their showing in the English local elections too.

They MUST know that their alliance with the Tories is doing their intellectual cause terrible damage as Clegg tries to play down all of the promises that he has been forced to go back on while being a Tory puppet.

With that truth in mind I think that while some hard-core Liberal Democrats will be quietly seething in the background, they - the executive - have actually done a quite good job of hiding the real feelings of most of the Liberal Democrat supporters in the hall.

What I wonder about is just how long they are going to be able to continue to fool themselves into thinking that in the Lib-Dem garden all is still rosy, when it is patently obvious that it is NOT ?

Papa......

Re: The Liberal Democrat conference.....

Post by Guest on Sun 25 Sep 2011, 4:51 am

At least they are in power which the labour party are NOT. When their members realise the benefits of that they might not be so harsh. As to the scottish voters they are not known for their reasoned views - until the SNP came to power on their nationalist ticket you could put a labour badge on a bag of sand and someone would vote for it.

CC
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12447
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Post by papa_umau on Sun 25 Sep 2011, 12:54 pm

Clapco said:
    At least they are in power which the labour party are NOT

Thay are for the moment but to anyone who looks they are only hanging on by the skin of their teeth.

Papa......

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 19 Oct 2017, 11:00 pm