Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

Nick Clegg interview by Andrew Marr Sunday18th September 2011

Parliament....
    General
    General

Number of posts : 1623
    Registration date : 2009-09-29

Nick Clegg interview by Andrew Marr Sunday18th September 2011

Post by Parliament.... on Sun 18 Sep 2011, 12:39 pm

Nick Clegg expects to go for another term of office after the next General election.

Your views please ?
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12198
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Re: Nick Clegg interview by Andrew Marr Sunday18th September 2011

Post by papa_umau on Sun 18 Sep 2011, 1:01 pm

I for one actually find that very amusing as he is only hanging on to this term of office by the skin of his teeth.

What he is in fact saying here - if I understand this right - is that after the next general election, either there will be ANOTHER minority Tory government elected whereby the Lib Dems will choose to fill that hole of weakness again....OR... he thinks that the Liberal Democrats will get elected on their own next time round.

In my estimation neither of these scenarios will be possible in the next election as I think that neither the Tories nor the Lib-Dems have a hope in hell of getting elected again - either together or apart. ( I might be wrong ).

There is one other possible scenario mind you.....and that is that Clegg might defect to the Tories and ask for re-election as a standing Tory in one or other constituencies. I don't think that even that scenario is liable or possible either.

In fact, I think that Nick Clegg is simply living in cloud-cuckoo land !

Last edited by papa_umau on Sun 18 Sep 2011, 1:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

Papa......

Parliament....
    General
    General

Post by Parliament.... on Sun 18 Sep 2011, 1:09 pm

papa_umau wrote:I for one actually find that very amusing as he is only hanging on to this term of office by the skin of his teeth.

What he is in fact saying here - if I understand this right - is that after the next general election, either there will be ANOTHER minority Tory government elected whereby the Lib Dems will choose to fill that hole of weakness again....OR... he thinks that the Liberal Democrats will get elected on their own next time round.

In my estimation neither of these scenarios will be possible in the next election as I do not think that neither the Tories nor the Lib-Dems have a hope in hell of getting elected again - either together or apart. ( I might be wrong ).

There is one other possible scenario mind you.....and that is that Clegg might defect to the Tories and ask for re-election as a standing Tory in one or other constituencies. I don't think that even that scenario is liable or possible either.

In fact, I think that Nick Clegg is simply living in cloud-cuckoo land !

Pap, well he said it to Andrew Marr on live television, albeit I do agree with you.

P.S. Why are'nt the political parties conferences being shown on TV ?

Could this be because of the coalition ?
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12198
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Post by papa_umau on Sun 18 Sep 2011, 1:24 pm

I don't know if the media are in collusion over this but I do know that neither the Tories or the Liberal Democrats want to be seen to be criticising each-other too much at the moment. It is hard to stay in coalition while pushing for their own separate agendas. After all, the philosophies of the Tories and the Liberal Democrats ARE poles apart in the real world.

Papa......

Parliament....
    General
    General

Post by Parliament.... on Sun 18 Sep 2011, 1:44 pm

papa_umau wrote:I don't know if the media are in collusion over this but I do know that neither the Tories or the Liberal Democrats want to be seen to be criticising each-other too much at the moment. It is hard to stay in coalition while pushing for their own separate agendas. After all, the philosophies of the Tories and the Liberal Democrats ARE poles apart in the real world.

Pap, Im not talking about this from the political parties point of view.

I'm talking about this from the BBC media's point of view. I thought the BBC were obliged to show us these party politics ?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 22 Aug 2017, 11:54 am