Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

If I ever make it as an MP in The House of Commons ???????????????

Parliament....
    General
    General

Number of posts : 1623
    Registration date : 2009-09-29

If I ever make it as an MP in The House of Commons ???????????????

Post by Parliament.... on Mon 05 Sep 2011, 3:48 pm

One of the first things I am going to strive to do, is have the statue of Margaret Thatcher which stands in the House of Commons, pulled down.

Because without a shadow of a doubt this statue of Thatcher is an insult to every decent man and woman living in this country today.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12470
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Re: If I ever make it as an MP in The House of Commons ???????????????

Post by papa_umau on Tue 06 Sep 2011, 12:56 pm

That action would only prove that you are afraid of her legacy and that you are still buried in yesterday's dogma.

The best thing that can happen to Thatcher's legacy is that her effigy should be seen ever day and simply ignored.

Her own party are happy to do this so I see no reason why the rest of us should not do this also.

Her destructive times should be quietly remembered but NOT included in today's politics.

Papa......

Parliament....
    General
    General

Post by Parliament.... on Wed 07 Sep 2011, 10:54 am

papa_umau wrote:That action would only prove that you are afraid of her legacy and that you are still buried in yesterday's dogma.

The best thing that can happen to Thatcher's legacy is that her effigy should be seen ever day and simply ignored.

Her own party are happy to do this so I see no reason why the rest of us should not do this also.

Her destructive times should be quietly remembered but NOT included in today's politics.

""That action would only prove that you are afraid of her legacy and that you are still buried in yesterday's dogma""

She should never be forgotten as the real reason for the ruination of this country morally, economically, and socially.

That woman's statue has to come down in respect of all decent people in Britain

papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Wed 07 Sep 2011, 11:27 am

I agree and have always agreed that her legacy should always be remembered if we do not want to repeat her mistakes ever again, but this does not require that we should be overawed by her stupidity as we shape up the modern governments of Britain.

The way you constantly speak about her it starts to sound as if she is STILL to the fore and doing the damage she always did.

She is not and she does not. She is now yesterday's news !

Papa......

Parliament....
    General
    General

Post by Parliament.... on Wed 07 Sep 2011, 11:35 am

papa_umau wrote:I agree and have always agreed that her legacy should always be remembered if we do not want to repeat her mistakes ever again, but this does not require that we should be overawed by her stupidity as we shape up the modern governments of Britain.

The way you constantly speak about her it starts to sound as if she is STILL to the fore and doing the damage she always did.

She is not and she does not. She is now yesterday's news !

Pap, "Thatcherism" is alive and well and still running Britain all the time people are in poverty and losing their jobs, and all the time some people are "im all right jack".
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Thu 08 Sep 2011, 2:26 pm

I agree, but the people that are doing it now are the same people that threw her out on her neck when she started to become an embarrassing nuisance.

In other words, attack the policy but stop attacking the person as she is now out of politics and just waiting for death to claim her - as the rest of us are.

Papa......

Post by Guest on Thu 08 Sep 2011, 8:18 pm

It always amazes me how supposedly intelligent people come out with rubbish like this. We are on the edge of unprecedented threats to our way of living after 13 years of Labour government and it's all Mrs Thatcher's fault.

As Paps says forget the dogma and open your eyes to what is really happening

CC

Parliament....
    General
    General

Post by Parliament.... on Thu 08 Sep 2011, 8:40 pm

Clapco wrote:It always amazes me how supposedly intelligent people come out with rubbish like this. We are on the edge of unprecedented threats to our way of living after 13 years of Labour government and it's all Mrs Thatcher's fault.

CC

Clapco, We did'nt have 13 years of a Labour Government. We had 13 years of a
    "New" Labour Government operating Thatcher's right wing policies.

The apparant fact that you dont recognise this, truly amazes me.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Fri 09 Sep 2011, 12:43 pm

Clapco wrote:It always amazes me how supposedly intelligent people come out with rubbish like this. We are on the edge of unprecedented threats to our way of living after 13 years of Labour government and it's all Mrs Thatcher's fault.

CC

Ivanhoe is right there mate....

And....Clapco, that idea also applies to the terms of governance that the Tories gave us before them. In other words, if you are going to refer to history then do not be afraid of going back a little further than the last NEW-Labour government if you or anybody-else want to highlight or learn by their mistakes.

I am sure that that is only fair as sometimes our bad memories start to fade after time. ( I have a name for that syndrome....I call it having "selective myopia" ). I, for one, try very hard not to carry out that practice.

Papa......

Hell's Granny
    General
    General

Number of posts : 1284
    Registration date : 2009-10-14

Post by Hell's Granny on Sat 10 Sep 2011, 11:48 am

I agree, Maggie's statue is a waste of good metal, but what next? Churchill's statue?

One leaves the field open to another, and so on.

Cheers, HG

Parliament....
    General
    General

Post by Parliament.... on Sat 10 Sep 2011, 12:20 pm

Hell's Granny wrote:I agree, Maggie's statue is a waste of good metal, but what next? Churchill's statue?

One leaves the field open to another, and so on.

Cheers, HG

I think great leaders like Churchill, Clem Attle, and William Beverage, are not complimenterd by Thatcher. Thatcher took the easy way out by literally robbing the poor, and giving to the rich, under the guize of the free market, and millions among the stupid British fell for it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 23 Oct 2017, 12:27 pm