Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

Dell lap-tops get the worst review.

papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12657
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Dell lap-tops get the worst review.

Post by papa_umau on Sun 04 Sep 2011, 11:46 am

After a review of 14 top-selling lap-tops and after 5000 laptop-users were quizzed by consumer magazine Which, it was found that Dell lap-tops came BOTTOM of their survey.

Even taking into consideration that Dell Lap-tops are the most-owned of all of the makes of these kinds of machine they were still found to be below average in reliability.

After the review it was found that Apple, Sony and Samsung customers were the most satisfied with their purchase.

When the survey results were put to Dell, they promised to look closely at these results and to work hard at making improvements to their services and products.

I guess we will see how they get on after the next review.

Papa......

zathrus
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2685
    Registration date : 2008-08-21

Re: Dell lap-tops get the worst review.

Post by zathrus on Thu 08 Sep 2011, 2:48 pm

I have to be honest and say that I have had great service from my Dell. In fact I am writing this with one.

Maybe I have just been one of the lucky ones eh ?

Then again, it will be easy to find a lot of complaints about the company that sells by far the most numbers of these machines.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Fri 09 Sep 2011, 12:35 pm

Yeah mate, it DOES look as if you are one of the "lucky ones".

Like any other mass-produced product on the market, if the quality control does not match the output of large numbers of "widgets" then that product will start to fall in general quality.

Maybe this review will give Dell a bit of a fright and start them to spend more of their profits on better quality control.

Papa......

Hell's Granny
    General
    General

Number of posts : 1316
    Registration date : 2009-10-14

Post by Hell's Granny on Sat 10 Sep 2011, 11:26 am

Dell has never made the most reliable machines, there have been complaints about them for many years, one of which being that they pick up cheap, 'seconds' for parts.

Cheers, HG
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Sat 10 Sep 2011, 12:30 pm

Hmmmmmmm....interesting !

I think that most of the manufacturers of such hi-tech goods now source their component-parts from China as this country is now very skilled in this kind of manufacture and can produce previously expensive parts very cheaply. I think that, depending on which company in China that is actually making these parts, some are made with very high quality-control and some are not so good at such control.

This produces rather unstable finished products and I feel that Dell are probably sourcing the cheapeast if not maybe the BEST such component parts in order to make the highest amount of profits that they can.

With your and my and the public's view of Dell in that survey it certainly does appear that this drive to maximise profits is starting to damage Dell's reputation in this very competitive marketplace.

Papa......

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 18 Dec 2017, 10:12 pm