Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

Cameron's solutions to the unrest on the streets of Britain.....

papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12186
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Cameron's solutions to the unrest on the streets of Britain.....

Post by papa_umau on Tue 16 Aug 2011, 12:17 pm

I was not surprised that our esteemed Prime Minister went public with his views on the riots seen over four days, recently.

I was also not surprised that he seemed to blame everybody but himself and his government for the situation that arose in London and Manchester and Birmingham.

When he spoke on the TV last night he started to sound "tough" by threatening many sanctions against the people who did take to the streets on those days.

Among these sanctions there was a threat by him and Teresa May, The Home Secretary, that benefits could be removed and a curfew could be imposed on the youngsters so that they might be forced to stay at home.

I don't know about you good folks but I see these ideas as just a "red-rag to a bull" and with the results that those who might have their benefits removed would simply go to law-breaking and stealing in order to get cash. Those that might be restricted by curfew would almost certainly quickly break that curfew in an attempt to call Cameron's and the police's bluff. All that these two actions would finish up doing would be that the crime rate - as a result of their enforcement - would rise even further.

As Ed Milband said in answer to this tough-talking by Cameron..."these knee-jerk and ill-thought-out responses would not solve the problems but might seriously exacerbate them" ( Or words to that effect ).

What do you people think about these subjects ?

Papa......

Angie baby
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2428
    Registration date : 2008-08-30

Re: Cameron's solutions to the unrest on the streets of Britain.....

Post by Angie baby on Sat 20 Aug 2011, 1:10 pm

I, too am not surprised that Cameron took this stance as he has always tried to blame everyone else for his mistakes.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Sun 21 Aug 2011, 12:29 pm

He is going to have to get a grip on his actions as all of these moves he is starting is only going to eventually ruin his reputation in the eyes of the people. That includes the Tory supporters too BTW.

By the time of the next GE he is going to be so far down in the opinion polls that he might very well not stand at all.

Anybody ?

Papa......

Post by Guest on Sun 28 Aug 2011, 6:52 am

The coalition haven't done anything yet - every time they try anything they perform yet another U turn in the face of media 'outrage'. They continue to tax and spend pretty much as Brown did.

What you are seeing has more relevance to the last 13 years of Labour government.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Sun 28 Aug 2011, 12:18 pm

I see your connection there Clapco and I have to agree to an extent.

I think it all boils down to Cameron being a bit of a coward and not having the cohons to even do what he thinks is right. I think that he spends most of his time trying to appease both the Tory grandees on the one hand and Clegg and his reactionary Lib-Dem cabinet members on the tuther hand.

He is in such a spin of misdirection and misguidance that he just does not know WHAT he stands for other than the exact same "privatise everything" policies of Blair.

Papa......

Post by Guest on Thu 01 Sep 2011, 7:57 pm

Sorry paps I can't agree. The voters gave a loud message to Bruin. Cameroon is doing a good job holding it all together despite those desperate to cause trouble. By the time of the next election there will be tax cuts and we will all forget about that bloke with the bad haircut. Especially if the unions kick up as they are trying to do.

CC
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Fri 02 Sep 2011, 11:59 am

I don't think the last general election was a "loud message" at all, in fact I think it was a quiet whimper where the electorate were not sure about what they wanted to replace New-Labour with at all.

I am sure that many of them now wish that they had either abstained or that they had made their minds up whether they wanted to vote with the right wing and the Tories or with the left wing and the Liberal Democrats. Most of them now see that this unholy coalition is just not working.

If that situation is right I have to ask, what will be left ?

If Ed Miliband can regenerate the Labour party, ( not the New-Labour party of Blair ), I think that many of the electorate might want to give Labour another shot at running the country.

Papa......

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 20 Aug 2017, 6:56 am