Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

The Euro finally goes stronger than The Pound

papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12079
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

The Euro finally goes stronger than The Pound

Post by papa_umau on Tue 26 Jul 2011, 11:33 am

The exchange rate for the Euro currency now stands at a historic high of 1.13 against the further devalued Pound

I have argued for Britain to join the Economic Monetary Union, ( EMU ), for many months but Cameron and his Chancellor, Osborne, have continued to act like xenophobes when it comes to Europe and have consistently resisted adopting the Euro as our nation's currency even against our membership of the European Union and being signatories to the Treaty of Rome.

Now we have missed our chance to get in when the Euro was cheap and it is going to cost us much more to go in in the future.

The Europhobes need to be made aware that the EU is not going to collapse even if it is having a difficult time of it at the moment. Greece will come out of it's problems as will Ireland, Italy, Portugal and the weaker new members from the ex Eastern Bloc states.

Anybody...... ?

Papa......

zathrus
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2520
    Registration date : 2008-08-21

Re: The Euro finally goes stronger than The Pound

Post by zathrus on Fri 29 Jul 2011, 12:15 pm

That's an interesting postulation Paps.

Mind you I am not sure if you are right there or not as things are looking very bad at the moment.

All it will take is for one country to pull out of the Euro and there could be a domino effect with other countries following shortly after.

I have never been too sure about us dropping the Pound in favour of the Euro and the way things are at the moment I feel even less likely to want to go down that path.

Sorry mate.
    Angie baby
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2400
    Registration date : 2008-08-30

Post by Angie baby on Sat 30 Jul 2011, 12:26 pm

Italy are now also starting to look rocky too !

Mind you, if AMERICA can get into a state over it's finances there has to be hope for the rest of us eh ?
    Technician
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

Number of posts : 390
    Registration date : 2011-03-08

The Euro

Post by Technician on Wed 17 Aug 2011, 4:14 pm

Just seen this !!.

What is the obsession with this busted flush ?. The Euro is a dead duck; matters not how long it takes to sink, but sink it will. Anyone with any sense can see the European agenda here, and it aint to help the common citizen. That organisation of arrogrance, greed and corruption will drown in its own crap eventually.

Technician
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12079
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Post by papa_umau on Thu 18 Aug 2011, 1:41 pm

Well, it's quite obvious where you stand on this subject Technician !

Sorry, but on this occasion I totally disagree with you.

Yes the European monetary system is badly damaged and it looks as if - at the moment - it is damaged beyond repair.

I think that the money that is floating around Europe is of much greater value than the actual problems some of the individual member states are having as they come out of the great global banking crash.

Eventually, I think that Germany and France, leading the charge, will bring stabilitiy to this financial market and once they do we are going to find that all of the lesser states will be glad that they are underneath that particular umbrella.

Collectively, Europe is far too rich to allow the Euro to go bust even if there will be a lot of negotiations still to be done to ensure that no individual country is dragged down with a fluctuation Euro.

Greater Europe IS a massive trading bloc and once it is fully brought together, ( with or without Britain in the EMU ), it will finish up as one of the strongest consortia of trading countries in the world.

The doom and gloom mongers are going to have to bite their lips eventually as - in my opinion - this currency and the countries that are behind it are NOT going to fail.

I guess that we are all just going to have to wait and see who is right and who is going to be wrong !

Papa......

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 22 Jul 2017, 1:33 am