Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

Consumer Focus......A force for good !

papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 11946
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Consumer Focus......A force for good !

Post by papa_umau on Tue 26 Jul 2011, 11:15 am

Consumer Focus.....A force for good !

While this group have been working to protect consumers in Britain for some time now, they recently received a great accolade for their work against doorstep sellers.

Here is how to find Consumer Focus online and the second link is to their latest campaign document.

http://www.consumerfocus.org.uk/#panel-1

http://www.consumerfocus.org.uk/files/2011/07/The-end-of-the-road.pdf

( This is in PDF format so you will need a copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader on your computer to be able to view it. ). Get it for free HERE. ( If you do not want the Google toolbar to come with the download just unclick it in the Google panel before you click on the "download" button ).

They, Consumer Focus, were recently conspicuous in their fight against one company in particular, namely Scottish and Southern Energy ( SSE ). ( Known in Scotland as Scottish Hydro ).

See the report about this from Guildford Crown Court - below.

Prosecution by Surrey Trading Standards against Scottish and Southern Energy concerning doorstep mis-selling of switched contracts.

Date: 10 May 2011
    Court: Guildford Crown Court
    Offence: An Energy supplier and sales representative appeared for trial in relation to 7 counts under the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Practices Regulations 2008 in relation to cold calling a consumer in Guildford in an attempt to change his current energy supplier.
    Penalty: Sales representative was found not guilty and the Energy company was found guilty on 2 counts of being engaged in a misleading commercial practice. The conviction has been appealed and the matter will return to the courts towards the end of 2011/beginning of 2012.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by papa_umau on Sun 31 Jul 2011, 1:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

Papa......

zathrus
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2488
    Registration date : 2008-08-21

Re: Consumer Focus......A force for good !

Post by zathrus on Fri 29 Jul 2011, 11:54 am

Never heard of them Paps !

Mind you it looks as if they are doing a good job as far as we consumers are concerned.

I have put their site into my favourites and I will look in on them regularly.
    Angie baby
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2377
    Registration date : 2008-08-30

Post by Angie baby on Sat 30 Jul 2011, 12:23 pm

Great stuff Papa !

I will get over to them right away and read what they have been doing.

You always keep us following the right lines Papa. Thanks again for all that you do for us.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 11946
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Post by papa_umau on Sun 31 Jul 2011, 1:08 pm

It is my pleasure good peeps. That is what the site was originally created to do.

I only wish that more of the "lurkers" out there would take the time to register with the site and then give us the pleasure of their opinions.

My data stat's show that ROB is getting around 10 to 20thousand page-hits every month, but only a hard core deem it necessary to register and to write regularly.

The member-list now shows fifty registered members and that is not bad when we consider that this version of the "Rip-Off Britain" site has only been running for about three years.

See the member list HERE if any of you feel the need.

Papa......

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 26 Jun 2017, 8:03 am