Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

Professional soldiers to be cut and covered by TA

papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 11956
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Professional soldiers to be cut and covered by TA

Post by papa_umau on Wed 20 Jul 2011, 11:42 am

In these days of wars in the middle East and a general feeling of unsettlement in such areas and at home it seems crazy for the government to cut our professional fighting forces by ANOTHER 17,000 and to try to fill the gap with the part-timers of the territorial army.

Yes, I will admit that the TA have served the country with distinction many times in the past but as far as I see it nothing beats a fully trained and armed, full time and professional soldier when difficult tasks abroad or even at home need to be carried out.

This "dumbing down" of our armed forces seems not only to be a rather dangerous thing to do but it also seems to be a very short-sighted action by our government in their crazy drive to save money.

Anybody agree, or even disagree on this point ?

Papa......

zathrus
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2488
    Registration date : 2008-08-21

Re: Professional soldiers to be cut and covered by TA

Post by zathrus on Thu 21 Jul 2011, 11:58 am

Yes Paps, it seems crazy to me too for this to happen, after all most of the part-time warriors that play at being soldiers are just not trained up to a high-enough standard to do the work of professional soldiers.

Something tells me that these idiots are eventually going to regret this move. (That's the government and not the TA guys and gals of course).
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 11956
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Post by papa_umau on Fri 22 Jul 2011, 4:24 pm

SO... why do they do it then ?

This mad Tory-led government are willing to do anything that will - by their way of it - save money and even after all of their draconian cuts the economy is still stagnating.

"Why is that ?"....I hear you ask. I will tell you why: Because with thousands and thousands of people, ( and now our soldiers sailors and airmen ), being thrown onto the scrapheap and into benfits because of these draconian cuts and because inflation is climbing while wages are either dropping or being frozen in real terms, there is just not the same amount of money going into the economy. That's why !

Papa......

zathrus
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2488
    Registration date : 2008-08-21

Post by zathrus on Fri 29 Jul 2011, 12:03 pm

That's an easy one. The Territorial army are much cheaper to keep on a string than any full-time army might be.

God, they don't even live in barracks, they live at home and hold down full time jobs, just waiting for the call to arms.

Any country that depends wholly or partly on a part-time army are the country that are going to get caught out when something comes up quickly and where a fast response is needed.

The idea is short-sighted and cheap and nasty, just like the idiots that are proposing it are.

The next thing we will find will be that the idiotic Tories will be starting a privatised army.

Privatised armies are called mercenaries and many companies that offer such security forces hide behind many more acceptable names because they are ashamed of being called mercenaries.

Here is a definition of a Private army:

"A private military company (PMC) or (Private Military or Security Companies) provide military and security services. These combatants are commonly known as mercenaries, though modern-day PMCs refer to their staff as security contractors, private military contractors or private security contractors, and refer to themselves as private military corporations, private military firms, private security providers or military service providers. Private Military Companies refer to their business generally as the private military industry, in an attempt to avoid the stigma often associated with mercenaries. The hiring of mercenaries is a common practice in the history of armed conflict."

Do we want our army to go this way too ?

I don't think so !

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 28 Jun 2017, 9:53 am