Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

Our licence-fee cash thrown to the fat-cats.

papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12192
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Our licence-fee cash thrown to the fat-cats.

Post by papa_umau on Wed 13 Jul 2011, 12:21 pm

It was reported today that 19 of the high-earners in the BBC are getting a total of 22 million from our licence-fee pot. This includes the top bosses and the top earners in the entertainment sections of BBC TV and radio. ( Source: The Scottish Daily Record ).

My Comment.....

What I wonder is just how many individual licence-fee payments it takes to pay these greedy people and why does the BBC - as a public concern - not try to cut down on this obvious waste of licence-payers money ?

Maybe it is time that the BBC finally went commercial and then at least they would be competing with the private and other commercial companies on a level playing field.

After all, the licence-fee is simply just another compulsory tax if you look at it like that.

Comments please.....

Papa......

zathrus
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2545
    Registration date : 2008-08-21

Re: Our licence-fee cash thrown to the fat-cats.

Post by zathrus on Fri 15 Jul 2011, 12:05 pm

My God Paps, that is more than a million pounds each ! Evil or Very Mad

I also agree that it is time that the BBC gave up it's automatic income from the tax-payers so that the punters in the BBC might then have to start to work for their money.

There is nothing worse than getting money easily and guaranteed, without having to make any effort to get it. Any time that I have seen that in my life I have also seen that easy-money getting wasted.

It is time that they started to compete with the advertising companies for their working dosh so that we would then at least know they are earning their sheckels.

Angie baby
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2428
    Registration date : 2008-08-30

Post by Angie baby on Sat 16 Jul 2011, 1:20 pm

That's totally obscene !

No wonder people are now dead against the compulsory TV-licence !

After all, it is our money that these idiots are throwing at the top-earners in the BBC. Have they no shame I wonder ?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 21 Aug 2017, 9:10 am