Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

The News of the Screws is blown away....

zathrus
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2545
    Registration date : 2008-08-21

The News of the Screws is blown away....

Post by zathrus on Mon 11 Jul 2011, 11:29 am

I have mixed feelings about this event while as I must admit that I hate that awful bit of tabloid muck. I feel sorry for the people that will get thrown onto the scrapheap by this act. Everybody that is but the fat-cats at the top; they will always find new positions after the newspaper's demise.

The ideal thing to happen I suppose is that a new Sunday paper emerges that employs all of the people at the production place of the old title.

Some are saying that a Sunday Sun will rise out of the ashes of the NOTW and that may be fine if the journalists and editors on it are forced to behave this time.

I guess we will see what happens next Sunday.

What do you guys think about this scandal ?
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12192
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Re: The News of the Screws is blown away....

Post by papa_umau on Tue 12 Jul 2011, 11:40 am

I am enjoying it immensely actually ! Twisted Evil

Although I do agree that it is a shame that many innocent workers in the editorial newsroom and the printing works might lose their jobs.

I too hope that another - decent - Sunday paper is created that can give them all work.

The best thing about this is that Cameron and his stooges are getting raked over the coals over this nasty bit of stuff.

Something tells me that we have only scratched the surface as far as e-mail and phone-hacking is concerned and each time that something new is uncovered Cameron goes deeper into the mire.

Papa......

Current date/time is Mon 21 Aug 2017, 9:21 am