Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

Osborne in the dock as GDP stalls.

papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12470
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Osborne in the dock as GDP stalls.

Post by papa_umau on Tue 28 Jun 2011, 12:02 pm

It appears that even the Tory-led austerity measures and the rabid attacks on the public sector are having no effect or even having a dilatory effect on the growth of the GDP of the country.

It was published in the Guardian today that the massive drop in the UK building sector was hurting our recovery badly.

SO...it seems that even although we are suffering under the Tory cuts this suffering is not helping the consumer recovery in Britain. I wonder what they are going to do next to try to get us out of this hole ?

Read THIS.

Papa......

zathrus
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2619
    Registration date : 2008-08-21

Re: Osborne in the dock as GDP stalls.

Post by zathrus on Thu 30 Jun 2011, 10:59 am

Yes mate, it is a rule for those and a rule for such as those these days.

I read an excellent letter in my newspaper this morrning which puts it all in context: The writer said that "while Cameron was warning the unions that the public sector should not go on strike to try to protect their pensions it was amazing that this thinly-veiled threat was coming from a public sector worker who has, like the rest of his politician pals, one of the best retirement packages in the free world". He also went on to say that "it was amazing that Cameron is trying to deny these public sector workers a final salary based pension of half pay while that is exactly what he gets plus a lot more when he retires".

The cynicism and double-standards of this man are astonishing !
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Fri 01 Jul 2011, 1:38 pm

And now in order to continue his war against the ordinary people of Britain he is willing to ignore a summer of discontent from the unions.

When stable unions like the teachers and the public service workers get out onto the streets, this is not without a lot of consideration.

I think that the worst part of these austerity measures is that they do not effect the ones that caused this situation in the first place. And that was NOT Blair and Brown, as that trick has now been used up.

It was the banks and the fat-cats of the British establishment that caused this world-wide collapse but again the ordinary taxpayers of Britain are going to be forced to pay the bill.

Papa......

Angie baby
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2510
    Registration date : 2008-08-30

Post by Angie baby on Sat 02 Jul 2011, 12:19 pm

Oh, striking is awful yet I have to do it if I don't want the government to bully us into accepting a lower-quality pension.

Those b******s get their public service pensions without any problems yet they are not willing to support us with ours.

It seems that the Tories are hell bent on dragging us all down to the bottom of the pile while they continue dipping their bread into the gravy at the top end.

That makes me so ANGRY......GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Sun 03 Jul 2011, 11:41 am

I guess that you have made that VERY clear Angie !

I have to say that I support the fight of the public sector and the old folk to ensure that the government don't wheedle their way out of doing what they must do to be fair with EVERYBODY.

You have pointed out that even although our public servants in parliament do have a guanteed pension and many other perks that we simply cannot expect it seems that they just cannot find - or don't want to find - a way to sort out this problem so that the people who feel they have earned these pensions, whether they be occupational pensions or state pensions, get what they deserve.

These cynical arguments that people are living longer and that there are more of them now does not cut the mustard as far as denying them what they are due.

The money is there, all they need to do is make it a prority to ensure that enough is found to be able to pay this bill, just like they do for many other reasons.

Papa......

Angie baby
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2510
    Registration date : 2008-08-30

Post by Angie baby on Sat 09 Jul 2011, 12:44 pm

So true my dear, so true !
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Mon 18 Jul 2011, 11:57 am

And another thing...while my dander is up..... Osborne and Cameron were warned that their system of attacking the low-paid and the unemployed and the sick would just rebound on them simply because they would be taking so much money out of the economy while they do it.

If the great mass of the punters, ( not their own kind or the fat-cats of course ), are forced into austerity measures they are just not going to spend as much money as they used to on the high street. Surely that is a given ?

It is the ordinary people spending their money that keeps the economy afloat and NOT them or their fat-cat pals.

Papa......

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 23 Oct 2017, 12:37 pm