* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

A phenomenon of the year: Jackie Evancho

papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts: 8421
    Registration date: 2008-08-23

A phenomenon of the year: Jackie Evancho

Post by papa_umau on Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:01 pm

I watched this eleven year-old performing as a guest on the talent show: So you think you can dance and I was completely blown away by her mature sweetness and her obviously phonomenal talent.

The video from that show is not available yet but here is another one from when she was second, ( only second ????? ), on America's got talent:

Watch and listen to this and then tell us what you think of her prodigious talent.

Jackie Evancho:

Papa......

papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Update !

Post by papa_umau on Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:43 am

Maybe I should explain what I am doing here eh ?

As this is the "Off Topic Chat Lounge" I thought that just for once I might inject something a bit lighter than the usually heavy stuff that we discuss here.

I guess that an "Off topic chat lounge" has that remit if we care to use it.

SO...what do any of you think of that amazing and beautiful and talented young opera singer from America ?

OH.....and BTW....if any of you ever feel the need to insert a video-player with an attached bit of video in it onto the ROB pages I will tell you how to do it. It is not hard and it is quite impressive when you can do it.

Just ask.

Papa......

zathrus
    General
    General

Number of posts: 1573
    Registration date: 2008-08-21

Re: A phenomenon of the year: Jackie Evancho

Post by zathrus on Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:51 am

She certainly is amazing Paps !

I don't think we have seen such a prodigious talent in a very long time.

We are going to see and hear a lot more from this youngster.

Oh and, I would like to know how you managed to insert that video-player into your piece.

Go on then, tell us how it is done.

Angie baby
    General
    General

Number of posts: 1537
    Registration date: 2008-08-30

Post by Angie baby on Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:02 pm

Oh isn't she just a darling ?

We are going to see a lot from this amazingly-talented child this and many years into the future.

I visited her videos on YouTube and was stunned by the maturity and richness in her lovely voice.

papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:46 pm

Okey-dokey....This is how it is done:

Are you all sitting comfortably ? If you are, then I will begin ! Idea Smile

Firstly you have to go to YouTube or any similar site and find a bit of music video that you might like to "embed" here.

Then you have to play that bit of video on that site using the local video-player.

Once it is playing you can then go to the address bar at the very top of your browser and highlight, copy and paste that address into the form, ( ignore the "share" button at the bottom of the form as sometimes the link that it provides might not work in the "embed" software here ), - BACK HERE - that that you will open when you click on the little "film" icon in the list of tags above the compose page. Once clicked on this form will accept that address, ( all of it ), and then you can click on the "OK" button attached to that form.

You will then find that the address URL is sitting in your compose page with the video-embed tags all around it.

Just add a bit of text to your post - to describe the video and why you are playing it - and then hit the "send" button at the bottom of the compose page.

"BINGO".... the video and it's embedded player will appear in your posting.

To play the video all you have to do is click on the arrow in the centre of the video-box and off it will go. ( You will then find that you have all of the normal controls of a video-player along the bottom of that box ).

( Also, of course, you will have to have sound capability in your computer ! ).

Have fun !

( Any questions about that, just send me an instant message ! ).

Papa......

Current date/time is Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:15 pm