Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

Growth rate of state income: for capital income and consumer prices – a case study

Erin

Number of posts : 1
    Registration date : 2011-06-09

Growth rate of state income: for capital income and consumer prices – a case study

Post by Erin on Thu 09 Jun 2011, 6:44 am

In a study done for 83 cities in India for the year 1981 reveals that demographic variables are not important in explaining the choice of tenure.  The economic variables probably are much more important to analyze and implement certain policies.  The Builders in Kochi have been much influenced by the real estate developments in the national capital city.

Consider the recent study done in Delhi.  For the 1960-61 to 1970-71 period the calculations are based on data obtained from Housing Delhi’s Millions, National Buildings Organization, 1978, New Delhi and for the period 1970-71 to 1980-81 data collected from the Bureau of Economics and Statistics, of the Delhi Administration.

The rates of growth of the state income and the per capita income over the period 1960-66 to 1980-81 did not show any marker increase.  The rates at which consumer prices and cost of residential building increased in the city is rather insignificant when compared to the present developments.  As can be seen from the data, the per capita income at constant prices grew at a minute rate of 0.72 percent and 1.87 percent for the period 1961-71 and 1971-81 respectively.  The investment in residential building for the corresponding periods increased at a compound rate of growth of 5.80 and 9.42 percent per annum respectively.  An average household in Delhi would have found owning a house much less affordable over time unless the expenditure pattern moved drastically in favor of housing. 

In addition, the skewed distribution of income would imply that the number of households who can afford to own a house would be very low.  In Delhi, a considerable proportion of households earned an income that was below the national average.  Thus, according to a survey made by Bureau of Economics and Statistics, 76.31 percent of the households in Delhi had an income less than Rs.600 in 1971-72.  The per capita monthly income of Delhi, reported by the Central Statistical Organization (CSO) in that year was Rs.108.6 approximating to a household income of Rs.5.43 (assuming an average household size of five persons).  The situation was not very different in 1980-81.  In fact, 66 percent of Delhi’s households had an income less than Rs.1000.  The approximate household income per month in 1981 was only Rs.1290.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12107
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Re: Growth rate of state income: for capital income and consumer prices – a case study

Post by papa_umau on Thu 09 Jun 2011, 11:16 am

Hi Erin and welcome to ROB.

I at first thought that this was my little grand-daughter writing to the forum as she is called Erin too. Obviously I was wrong.

Although that piece is actually a virtual carbon copy of what is happening in Britain too, I am surprised that such a trading tiger as India is also treating it's low-paid worker so badly.

Of course any such "trading tiger" will try very hard to keep costs down, ( especially income costs ), when they are trying to grow exponentially and that is probably why India AND the far Eastern trading tigers - especially China - are doing so well at the moment.

I believe that eventually this growth bubble in India and the Far East WILL burst and just like what happened with Taiwan and the other early Eastern trading tigers this top-heavy and unsustainable rate of growth will collapse on itself.

Papa......

zathrus
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2527
    Registration date : 2008-08-21

Re: Growth rate of state income: for capital income and consumer prices – a case study

Post by zathrus on Fri 10 Jun 2011, 12:57 pm

That sounds impressive Erin but I have to admit that most of that flew right over my head making a wheeeeeeeeee sound ! Laughing

Angie baby
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2406
    Registration date : 2008-08-30

Post by Angie baby on Sun 12 Jun 2011, 1:32 pm

Hello Erin. I am impressed too. Now what about coming back and trying to explain some of that. Embarassed

With a name like Erin you are probably a girl, like me, even although I have known two Erins that were boys, so you are going to have to come back and stand up for your gender as there are not enough females here these days.

"C'mon back good buddy" as my dad used to say on his Cee Bee.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 28 Jul 2017, 1:53 am