Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

Liberal Democrats quit traditional office !

papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12332
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Liberal Democrats quit traditional office !

Post by papa_umau on Sun 13 Mar 2011, 12:23 pm

As the Liberal Democrats start to run out of money and go into the red they are forced to get out of their historical Cowley Street head-office.

Click on THIS....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/nick-clegg/8371408/Liberal-Democrats-go-into-red-for-first-time-in-history-and-decide-to-quit-historic-Cowley-Street-HQ.html

Is this the first sign of them falling apart as their financial supporters leave them in droves ?

Papa......

Parliament....
    General
    General

Number of posts : 1623
    Registration date : 2009-09-29

Re: Liberal Democrats quit traditional office !

Post by Parliament.... on Sun 13 Mar 2011, 3:32 pm

Personally, I bloody well hope so.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Mon 14 Mar 2011, 11:26 am

Clegg looked like a rabbit in a car's headlights at the conference on Sunday. He was deliberately trying to get across that he was still strong and capable but I think that he failed to get this message over to the faithful at the conference.

I am sure that he knows in his heart of hearts that the move to back the Tories in this awful coalition is destroying his party.

Many inside the party are now certain that it is going to lose it's identity as it is tagged on to the coat-tails of the Tory machine.

I am sure that we will see this condition widening and deepening as days and weeks go by.

Papa......

zathrus
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2580
    Registration date : 2008-08-21

Post by zathrus on Fri 18 Mar 2011, 1:07 pm

Yeah... lol!

I think that very soon they will be holding their annual conferences in either a phone-booth or a pub's back room somewhere.

This act of becoming the Tory lapdog could completely destroy them, especially Nick Clegg.
    Angie baby
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2465
    Registration date : 2008-08-30

Post by Angie baby on Sat 19 Mar 2011, 12:32 pm

Most amusing Zath !

What sickens me is to see Clegg sitting behind Cameron at Prime Minister's question time and nodding his head like a car-window dog at everything he says.

That, is just plain wrong !

Parliament....
    General
    General

Post by Parliament.... on Sat 19 Mar 2011, 12:56 pm

Angie baby wrote:Most amusing Zath !

What sickens me is to see Clegg sitting behind Cameron at Prime Minister's question time and nodding his head like a car-window dog at everything he says.

That, is just plain wrong !

There isnt a thing in this country that isnt plain wrong, and we British are also just plain wrong to sit on our fat backsides and do nothing about anything.

Angie baby
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2465
    Registration date : 2008-08-30

Post by Angie baby on Sat 19 Mar 2011, 1:53 pm

I woudn't go that far Ivanhoe as if I thought like that I would finish up being very depressed.

I guess that I am just a glass half full kinda girl rather than a glass half empty one.

It is certainly true that we put up with a lot before we even think about complaining, but I guess that that is just the way us Brits are.

I have been thinking recently that we have just about reached the point where some of us might just get angry enough to get out on the streets with placards. Then I see the news and realise that there already is a lot of people doing that.

What with promised industrial action being threatened in many different areas we may soon be seeing a "Spring of discontent" threatening the Tory comfort.

Parliament....
    General
    General

Post by Parliament.... on Sat 19 Mar 2011, 2:07 pm

Angie baby wrote:I woudn't go that far Ivanhoe as if I thought like that I would finish up being very depressed.

I guess that I am just a glass half full kinda girl rather than a glass half empty one.

It is certainly true that we put up with a lot before we even think about complaining, but I guess that that is just the way us Brits are.

I have been thinking recently that we have just about reached the point where some of us might just get angry enough to get out on the streets with placards. Then I see the news and realise that there already is a lot of people doing that.

What with promised industrial action being threatened in many different areas we may soon be seeing a "Spring of discontent" threatening the Tory comfort.

Angie baby, ive been in the pensioners corner for 20 years, and "Thatcher" was my greatest political educater on how "not" to do things. I have politically educated myself since the 80's.

We British have a major problem, we have not got the "reputation" of the European's, ie the German's, the French, and the Greeks when it comes to protest, so whtever we decide t9o do now, it is all too late.

Yes I amm depressed at the state of my country, and im thoroughly ashamed to be British for the same reason.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Mon 21 Mar 2011, 12:15 pm

Got to agree with Angie Ivanhoe. It is NEVER "too late" to do something about our selfish and dogmatic governments, of whatever ilk.

I think that you maybe mix in the wrong circles Ivanhoe, as where I go I see activists in just about every group getting up, going out and working hard for what they believe in.

I too would like to think that Angie's "Spring of discontent" is just about to hit the streets

Papa......

Parliament....
    General
    General

Post by Parliament.... on Thu 07 Apr 2011, 7:00 pm

Angie, I dont know were you live ? or your age ?, but if you want to help pensioners, and you live near me in the South West, contact me.

Parliament....
    General
    General

Post by Parliament.... on Thu 07 Apr 2011, 7:01 pm

papa_umau wrote:Got to agree with Angie Ivanhoe. It is NEVER "too late" to do something about our selfish and dogmatic governments, of whatever ilk.

I think that you maybe mix in the wrong circles Ivanhoe, as where I go I see activists in just about every group getting up, going out and working hard for what they believe in.

I too would like to think that Angie's "Spring of discontent" is just about to hit the streets

///////I too would like to think that Angie's "Spring of discontent" is just about to hit the streets////

We will soon find out ?
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Fri 08 Apr 2011, 1:19 pm

Yes, I am sure we will, as already there are serious rumblings from the electorate about what Cameron and his poodle-pal Clegg are doing in our name.

I cannot wait for the result of the May the fifth elections in Scotland and Wales as the way things are going I will be surprised if the Tories and the Lib-Dems are not wiped out in these countries.

( Oh and, BTW....The Tories have already been virtually wiped out in Scotland, and the few list seats, ( gained under the STV system, which they hate ), that they now have, are looking more and more doubtful as the days go by ).

Papa......

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 19 Sep 2017, 11:29 pm