Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

BRITAIN'S UNFAIR TAX SYSTEM

jim

Number of posts : 108
    Registration date : 2011-05-19

Re: BRITAIN'S UNFAIR TAX SYSTEM

Post by jim on Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:41 pm

There are a group of people who think they are right all the time. Which clearly says they aren't because no one is right 'all the time'. Those people have just enough knowledge on any given subject to always have an opinion on everything and when the conversation reaches to a point where they don't know....they feel attacked. They should just humbly accept the fact that they don't know everything and just make comments to contribute to the conversation and allow for different opinions.

papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12200
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Post by papa_umau on Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:47 pm

I don't think that we need a "lecture" from you Jim on how to get our message across as it is only REASON - from whatever source - that is what is required on this and and other media so that we all get a chance to speak our minds and to persuade those that have lost their way about how to find the correct path once again.

If you wish to close your mind and kid yourself on then that is fine as such an action will only effect you.

Papa......

Parliament....
    General
    General

Number of posts : 1623
    Registration date : 2009-09-29

Post by Parliament.... on Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:59 pm

papa_umau wrote:I don't think that we need a "lecture" from you Jim on how to get our message across as it is only REASON - from whatever source - that is what is required on this and and other media so that we all get a chance to speak our minds and to persuade those that have lost their way about how to find the correct path once again.

If you wish to close your mind and kid yourself on then that is fine as such an action will only effect you.

"ouch".

jim

Post by jim on Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:49 pm

Not ouch but Doh !
    It's like trying to talk to Dumb and Dumber Very Happy

Parliament....
    General
    General

Post by Parliament.... on Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:35 pm

jim wrote:Not ouch but Doh !
    It's like trying to talk to Dumb and Dumber Very Happy

Yes, you and Clapco make a good pair.

Post by Guest on Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:38 pm

Seems somebody else has noticed your sycophancy guys!

Nice to meet you Jim

CC

Post by Guest on Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:39 pm

BTW Paps how can a self proclaimed atheist such as yourself claim Scotland is Gods own country?

Just a thought...

Claps
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:56 pm

Clapco.....

To an atheist, like me, using the "God" button is a throwaway comment and it is just used for effect; it means nothing to the atheist that uses it but it might mean something to the person that is reading it.

Anyway....that aside....

It is great that you have a pal in Jim, Clapco, as, so long as you both keep your comments to the topic and cut down - or out - the personal attacks I think that both your presence's here can make for a very good balance of opinion.

I have already made agreement with Ivanhoe that neither of us should initiate or respond to empty rhetoric but we SHOULD respond to thoughtful comment no matter how "anti" it might be.

As a good example of how to do it just read some of Technician's stuff and then you might be able - like him - to get your other-side-of-the-story across without the debate decending into personal invective.

Please remember that if all you come here for is to try the "wind-up" game then it is just via one click of the mouse that I can use to delete anything that you write that is not acceptable.

C'mon now guys.... get into the debate and let's have some heated argument WITHOUT the "nasties" coming out.

Last edited by papa_umau on Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

Papa......

Parliament....
    General
    General

Post by Parliament.... on Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:58 pm

papa_umau wrote:Clapco.....

To an atheist, like me, using the "God" button is a throwaway comment and it is just used for effect; it means nothing to the atheist that uses it but it might mean something to the person that is reading it.

Anyway....that aside....

It is great that you have a pal in Jim, Clapco, as so long as you both keep your comments to the topic and cut down - or out - the pesonal attacks I think that both your presence's here can make for a very good balance of opinion.

I have already made agreement with Ivanhoe that neither of us should respond to empty rhetoric but we SHOULD respond to thoughtful comment no matter how "anti" it might be.

As a good example of how to do it just read some of Technician's stuff and then you might be able - like him - to get your other-side-of-the-story across without the debate decending into personal invective.

Please remember that if all you come here for is to try the "wind-up game then it is just via one click of the mouse that I can use to delete anything that you write that is not acceptable.

C'mon now guys.... get into the debate and let's have some heated argument WITHOUT the "nasties" coming out.

Pap, I dont think Clapco gives a hoot, we shall see.

jim

Post by jim on Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:25 pm

Reflect on this Wink

Elitist people of any sort often feel intense self-loathing or fear of whatever qualities/principals they despise in others. Elitist intellectuals fear the igorance inherant in themselves and thus try to bury that fear by adapting the concept that everyone else is stupid save for them and possibly a select few. This way, a sense of control and satisfaction is gained. After all, if you are smarter than everyone else then you experience a sense of freedom and superiority, don't you? These people usually fail to live up to their standards b/c they prize intelligence for the wrong reason-their ego is in control. When the ego is in control we become oversensitive, desire recognition and lose sight of the game. True intellectuals value knowledge not for it's own sake but because they are interested in learning. They are more logical than those who waste their time judging others and feeding the ego.

Parliament....
    General
    General

Post by Parliament.... on Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:42 pm

jim wrote:Reflect on this Wink

Elitist people of any sort often feel intense self-loathing or fear of whatever qualities/principals they despise in others. Elitist intellectuals fear the igorance inherant in themselves and thus try to bury that fear by adapting the concept that everyone else is stupid save for them and possibly a select few. This way, a sense of control and satisfaction is gained. After all, if you are smarter than everyone else then you experience a sense of freedom and superiority, don't you? These people usually fail to live up to their standards b/c they prize intelligence for the wrong reason-their ego is in control. When the ego is in control we become oversensitive, desire recognition and lose sight of the game. True intellectuals value knowledge not for it's own sake but because they are interested in learning. They are more logical than those who waste their time judging others and feeding the ego.

Someone is definately taking the pee, Pap.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:47 am

jim wrote:Reflect on this Wink

Jim......

THAT...even disguised as some kind of thoughtful comment - even if it is probably not your own words - is STILL a personal attack !

In response I might say that this is not anything to do with my superiority complex, but it is in fact something to do with your INFERIORITY complex.

If you can just put that amount of effort into reasoned comment then I am sure that your value to this forum-site will be immesurable.

Otherwise... please take your trollish behavior somewhere else as it is not valued on this site.

Last warning.... From now on I will just delete anything you say that is not...on topic, full of measured content and justifiable as subjective debate.

Papa......

Hell's Granny
    General
    General

Number of posts : 1247
    Registration date : 2009-10-14

Post by Hell's Granny on Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:06 pm

Our tax system is unfair, it should start much lower, and end much higher, something like 5% for people on Minimum wage, rising to good old Supertax rates for the most well-heeled (bankers, politicians, etc.).

Although personally I don't feel that any of our current crop of Parties are worth putting an X in their box, I DO Vote, but currently only for the party I feel will do the least harm.

If David Millipede can be strong enough to take Labour back to it's roots as the Workers' Party, I'd be glad to vote for Labour. Unfortunately, I think it's unlikely in the extreme.

Cheers HG

Parliament....
    General
    General

Post by Parliament.... on Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:11 pm

Hell's Granny wrote:Our tax system is unfair, it should start much lower, and end much higher, something like 5% for people on Minimum wage, rising to good old Supertax rates for the most well-heeled (bankers, politicians, etc.).

Although personally I don't feel that any of our current crop of Parties are worth putting an X in their box, I DO Vote, but currently only for the party I feel will do the least harm.

If David Millipede can be strong enough to take Labour back to it's roots as the Workers' Party, I'd be glad to vote for Labour. Unfortunately, I think it's unlikely in the extreme.

Cheers HG

Our tax system is also unfair because it is disproportionate, ie the rich pay less income tax and council tax in proportion to earnings than the rest of us.

Plus the council tax is not based on ability to pay.

Hell's Granny
    General
    General

Post by Hell's Granny on Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:13 pm

I agree, Ivanhoe.

Cheers, HG

Parliament....
    General
    General

Post by Parliament.... on Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:20 pm

Hell's Granny wrote:I agree, Ivanhoe.

Cheers, HG

H/G, There is nothing fair about Britain today, it's a hell hole for both the elderly poor, and the younger generations.
    Hell's Granny
    General
    General

Post by Hell's Granny on Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:48 pm

I have noticed that too Ivanhoe, My daughter and son in law are struggling. They have a 3 year old, and to be honest, I don't know how they cope.

My son in law works early shifts, and although a Team Leader, he still gets not much more than Minimum Wage. He is trying to pass his driving test so he can look for better work, but even when he passes, I doubt he'll be able to afford to put a car on the road, with the increases in Insurance and fuel.

The whole situation is bad for folk at both ends of the age scale.

Cheers, HG

Parliament....
    General
    General

Post by Parliament.... on Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:55 pm

Hell's Granny wrote:I have noticed that too Ivanhoe, My daughter and son in law are struggling. They have a 3 year old, and to be honest, I don't know how they cope.

My son in law works early shifts, and although a Team Leader, he still gets not much more than Minimum Wage. He is trying to pass his driving test so he can look for better work, but even when he passes, I doubt he'll be able to afford to put a car on the road, with the increases in Insurance and fuel.

The whole situation is bad for folk at both ends of the age scale.

Cheers, HG

H/G have you signed my pensions petition on the Government's web site ?, it has a link on this forum.
    Hell's Granny
    General
    General

Post by Hell's Granny on Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:59 pm

I sign every petition which will provoke the Gov. to think about people on and below the poverty line.

Cheers HG

NB....Note from moderator....

To save you from having to rake through the forums to find Ivanhoe's petition, here is the sub-forum where you will find the link to it:

http://rippedoffbritain.forumotion.net/t1396-view-and-sign-my-government-petition-for-free-residential-care-and-higher-state-pensions

All the best...

Papa.
    Angie baby
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2428
    Registration date : 2008-08-30

Post by Angie baby on Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:43 am

You are soooooo caring Papa ! I love you

I say..... Papaumau for President of the new Scottish Republic ! Very Happy

Parliament....
    General
    General

Post by Parliament.... on Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:28 pm

Angie baby wrote:You are soooooo caring Papa ! I love you

I say..... Papaumau for President of the new Scottish Republic ! Very Happy

I cannot believe how badly my petition is doing considering the situation ?

I take it everybody on here has signed it and is passing the word. ?
    Angie baby
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2428
    Registration date : 2008-08-30

Post by Angie baby on Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:10 pm

I haven't yet, but I will get round to it honest !

Parliament....
    General
    General

Post by Parliament.... on Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:19 pm

Angie baby wrote:I haven't yet, but I will get round to it honest !

Well please do get round to it, and please pass the word to your friends and families, I am trying to get 100,000 signatures in the next year so that the Government and the media are forced to raise the issue of State pensions and not bury this issue which has been achieved since the 80's when Margaret Thatcher broke the State pensions link with male average earnings.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:14 pm