Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

The Chile mine rescue.....

Angie baby
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2400
    Registration date : 2008-08-30

The Chile mine rescue.....

Post by Angie baby on Sat 16 Oct 2010, 12:42 pm

Wasn't it wonderful to see every one of those thirty-three miners rescued after being half a mile down in the dark for so long ?

We are inundated with bad news in the media every day and often I get seriously depressed by all of this doom and gloom. It was amazing to watch the rescue ongoing every day and to have a great outcome. I cried for joy when I saw that little girl rush into the arms of her daddy.

Now those thirty-three miners are going to be lauded as heroes across the world, and while that is fine, I think that the rescuers should get recognition for what they did by working brilliantly and without rest, night and day, in order to bring those men safely back to their loved ones.

Definitely an uplifting news item that brought delight to many people around the world.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12079
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Re: The Chile mine rescue.....

Post by papa_umau on Sun 17 Oct 2010, 12:41 pm

Excellent posting Angie !

I am with you on that one as I too sometimes get down at heart with the amount of bad news that is reported every day. It was heart-warming to see a happy result in Chile.

I read yesterday that in a mine in China there had been an explosion and a cave-in and that a numer of miners had been killed and around seventeen were still trapped. I wonder what lengths the Chinese authorities will go to to rescue their trapped miners ?

Will they go as far as Chile went ?

As there are more than a billion people living in China, ( most of them still peasants ), in the past, in that country, human lives have not been worth very much.

It has been suggested that the health and safety rules down the mines in China are virtually non-existent and this shows by how many incidents and accidents there are underground in that country every year.

It will be interesting to see just how the authorities in China handle this latest disaster !

Papa......

zathrus
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2512
    Registration date : 2008-08-21

Post by zathrus on Thu 21 Oct 2010, 12:00 pm

Yeah Angie, it was heartwarming stuff !

I just wonder if the health and safety rules in the Chilean mines will now be tightened up as a result of this ?
    Angie baby
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2400
    Registration date : 2008-08-30

Post by Angie baby on Sat 23 Oct 2010, 11:49 am

Good point Zath', I think we will find that most of the third world mines are very dangerous and the health and safety rules in these countries are virtually non-existent.

Just look at what happens in the Russian, Chinese, and South African mines. They regularly have very bad accidents in mines in these kinds of countries.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 20 Jul 2017, 11:30 pm