Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

The budget will cost 1.3 million jobs !

papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12079
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

The budget will cost 1.3 million jobs !

Post by papa_umau on Wed 30 Jun 2010, 11:04 am

Osborne - our shiny new chancellor - has made clear that we all - even the very poor and the sick and the disabled - have to contribute towards clearing the government deficit and he has prepared us all to accept that our lives will get much harder before they get any better - if ever.

One of the targets for this chancellor is to try to encourage private and public companies to make savings by cutting down on workforce wage-costs !

He seems oblivious to the fact that if the unemployment register goes up by anything like 1.3 million ( as has been leaked from an official treasury assessment ), the dole-figures are going to rise dramatically generating further benefits cost and the treasury will take a big hit from lost income-tax revenues.

Look HERE and read about this leak in The Online Guardian.

What would YOU do to try to help cut the government deficit ?

Papa......

zathrus
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2512
    Registration date : 2008-08-21

Re: The budget will cost 1.3 million jobs !

Post by zathrus on Fri 02 Jul 2010, 12:11 pm

Sounds reasonable to me.

What gets me is that they don't seem to be aware that the deficit will grow under this regime as more benefits are claimed and taxation and consumerism revenues are lost.

This is going to be worth watching !

If it keeps on going as it is at the moment we are going to beat the Thatcher record of 3 million unemployed.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Sat 03 Jul 2010, 12:07 pm

It is around two point five million at the moment and if that government report is going to be true that will bring the unemployment numbers to three point seven million; well over the Thatcher record.

Papa......

wheel

Number of posts : 72
    Registration date : 2008-09-01

Post by wheel on Sat 03 Jul 2010, 11:33 pm

I'll say this, and I never thought I would say this!

I will NEVER EVER vote Conservative again!!!

I didn't vote for them this time, I actually agreed with Gordon Brown's way of keep jobs and being more caring!

The deficit repayments could have been delayed up to 2 years!

Cameron's ok he's got his job!!!

Lets have poll tax style riots and knock the smile off this silver spoon individual's face.

wheel.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Sun 04 Jul 2010, 12:19 pm

It is refreshing to hear that Wheel !

Many or most of the people that acted so short-sighted by putting the Tories back in - even as a minority government - will rue the day that they did that.

I have watched many people online in other forums turning against Brown and blaming him for everything including male-pattern baldness Laughing and their desire to find a whipping boy in Brown has ensured that the poorer people of Britain are going to be much worse off under the CON-DEM government than it ever was under New-Labour.

I will agree that New-Labour under Blair DID take a nasty lurch to the right so as to get electable again and that the New-Labour philosophy meant that many of the historical values of Labour were reneged upon to try to please the floating voters. These "floating voters" floated over to vote in the Tories once again and showed just how little thought they actually put into their decisions when they do what they always do.

I predict that if the Liberal Democrats do not get all of their wishes on full PR in the questions on the referendum papers this coalition will fall apart tut-sweet.

Papa......

Angie baby
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2400
    Registration date : 2008-08-30

Post by Angie baby on Sun 04 Jul 2010, 12:59 pm

The Tory/Liberal government want to look decisive when they push their hard-line policies so that they can keep saying that they are only doing what needs to be done to solve the deficit that was left by the outgoing government. They are playing politics here and they are going to make the poorest in our society pay the most to fix these problems.

I am not one bit surprised that this is the way that it went as I expected nothing less from the Tories.

I will want to see the unemployment figures in a year's time if they continue to do what they are doing. The Tories have always considered unemployment as a tool to fix all ills in the economy and this action is just following basic Tory dogma.

I didn't vote them in either BTW !
    wheel

Number of posts : 72
    Registration date : 2008-09-01

Post by wheel on Mon 05 Jul 2010, 11:35 pm

The Con-Lib government seem to be in rush, when NewLabour were in government, didn't they have to vote with ALL parties on such large issues?

So why can Con-Lib's proposals go straight through without a vote in the house of commons?

Blame Cameron for all the hardship about to follow....It could have been so different!

wheel.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Tue 06 Jul 2010, 12:21 pm

You are right Wheel, there WILL have to be a vote of the whole chamber in the commons before this referendum goes forward.

I think that the Tories are counting their chickens before they have hatched here as they expect full support from the Lib Dems in that commons vote. They might find that if they do not word this referendum correctly offering a full "single transferrable vote" type of PR they will lose the commons vote.

Remember that the Labour opposition are dead against ( STV ) "single transferrable vote"-type PR too.

Strangely, Cameron has already said that he will stand against STV if it is ever suggested ? This also indicates that they are going to try to word the referendum against the STV option. If they do they could find that their Lib Dem cohorts could dump them very quickly.

I predict that this will be just one of many philosophical spanners that will fall into the CONDEM government coalition works in weeks and months to come.

Papa......

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 20 Jul 2017, 11:43 pm