Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

Serious implications for privacy.

macca

Number of posts : 35
    Registration date : 2010-01-02

Serious implications for privacy.

Post by macca on Tue 15 Jun 2010, 10:23 pm

papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12578
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Re: Serious implications for privacy.

Post by papa_umau on Wed 16 Jun 2010, 10:14 am

Wow Macca, that is a shocker !

Than you very much on the behalf of all of the users of ROB and as many of the public that this website can get to to pass on this information.

I know that the initial report was from CBS news and that it applies to America, but if ALL such laser copiers, including the ones used in Britain have this bad flaw it is about time that this information was made clear to all individuals and companies that use these machines.

I did note that on one of the machines a special upgrade that costs $500.00 extra will automatically delete anything on the hard-drive store. I think that this software should be included in ALL machines and it should be free with information on how to operate it. If this was done then the onus would be removed from the manufacturers and would be placed squarely on the backs of the users.

I note that nothing was said in that video about inkjet copiers also having a hard-drive that holds everything that has been printed in memory as if they also have this problem we are looking at many more millions of dangerous machines floating around out there.

I plan to take this serious and dangerous story to my favourite tabloid, ( The Scottish Daily Record ), and if they are smart enough they could use this as a British exclusive exposÚ of the problem.

I will report here if this newspaper runs this story !

Once again Macca, thanks for the heads up !

Brilliant stuff !

Papa......

zathrus
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2661
    Registration date : 2008-08-21

Post by zathrus on Thu 17 Jun 2010, 12:22 pm

Hi Macca. Just chucking a hyperlink at us without adding your own opinion to it is a bit troll-like is it not ?

I hope you are not just trying to wind up the good folk of ROB by this action.

C'mon back good buddy and give us your own spin on the subject.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 24 Nov 2017, 2:05 am